Batman the Animated Series
Fear and loathing in Gotham City. This is a chronicle of Harley Quinn's new outlook on life... through the unlikely vessel of Batgirl. As told by Barbara Gordon and Harleen Quinzel. Mature themes. F/F. (The major character death is Joker; not a big spoiler for those who have seen ROTJ.)
Published: 01 Jul 2008 Updated: 10 Sep 2008
QUICK PRE-FICTION NOTES & WARNINGS:
ATTENTION: LOCATIONS AND PERSONS © DC/WARNER. STORY ©2008 JESSICA X.
BIOHAZARD: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
CAUTION: MAY CONTAIN F/.
Welcome to my Batman-universe masterwork. Or, well, I tend to think of each fiction I write as a masterwork. That's not saying it's the greatest thing since buttered toast - only that it's one of the best things I'VE ever done, which is saying very little. As with 84 per cent of my work (NOT an accurate cross-section), it is in first-person perspective. Though I successfully shyed away from it with my Sabrina opus, Larkie-pie here features the infamous POV-SWITCHING, which is a catchy term for "I couldn't decide who ought to narrate the whole story, so I compromised." Unlike my X-Men:Evolution fic, however, in this one I've limited it to the two characters. I've tried to use a system of wider dividers to notate when the P.O.V. switches between BG and HQ... hopefully you'll pick it up fairly easily. If not... I apologise?
And that's enough from my yap. Sally forth into fields of barley!
1. Mourning In The Morning by forkanna [Reviews - 1] (4973 words)
2. Deal With The Devil by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (4486 words)
3. Emancipating The Enemy by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (5352 words)
4. Nemesis To Nuisance by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (4856 words)
5. Vagrant To Vigilante by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (5146 words)
6. Larks And Lifelines by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (5743 words)
7. Pigtailed Pickpocket by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (4429 words)
8. Auguring And Absence by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (5282 words)
9. Disquiet And Dissolution by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (3986 words)
10. Elegant Exposure by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (4654 words)
11. Amatory Accordance by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (4337 words)
12. Horrifying Harley Harem by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (5012 words)
13. Chlorine With Consequences by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (5115 words)
14. Family And Forensics by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (5141 words)
15. Dementia Derailed by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (4529 words)
16. Plays And Predecessor by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (4848 words)
17. Showered With Satisfaction by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (4260 words)
18. Legacy Of Lunacy by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (5056 words)
19. Resolution And Reflection by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (4128 words)
And now, we approach the finalé...
20. EPILOGUE by forkanna [Reviews - 0] (971 words)
ANNND this is it! The final curtain! How did you all like my attempt to pay homage to the greatest American animated series of all time? Perhaps I haven't conjured into life a possible script for Batman Begins 3, but I did my best. As I'm used to it from my Potterfic, I expect at least one person may ask for a sequel, but... the likelihood is low. This story is the longest I've ever completed, and I think it's had a goodly run. Why deface it by beating a dead horse?
Gratitude. None of this would have come to pass without Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, of course, for both redefining the mythos and creating the best new Batverse character in decades. A debt of gratitude also to my friends Brandi-wine, WhiteMatt, C-Thunder, and Ruth/Kestrel for feedback/support. A big, BIG thanks to Gmail, for automatically saving sent messages and having a ridiculous amount of storage space - this would never have been completed if not for the text file lurking in an old attachment.
Rather than leave you with my OoC ramblings, what follows is a brief epilogue, which has been in existence since halfway through the main story (just in case you thought it was something I slapped together as an excuse to post this lengthy Oscar-esque speech). I will only say that this is the one time I broke my POV rule for this fic, but I felt it justified in this instance. I hope you enjoy it at least as much as you have the rest of Larkie-poo.
Until I write again,